Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Scenery on one modular block finished.

Hard to stay focused when one has too many projects on the go.  I think I have pretty much wrapped up doing the scenery on this particular modular block. Here's a few pics of the scenery.
Double click to enlarge.





On this block I wanted to try and focus on using oak tree bark glued horizontally onto the styrofoam and see what effect it had trying to mimic topography. Taking a long hard look at the finished product, I think it has a place, I just may not use it on every modular block.





Added some needed shrubbery and trees and this seemed to really bring it to life. I used judicial amounts of my home cooked ground foam, which is nothing more than sifted and coloured saw dust from the wood shop. I think it will pass for semi realistic ground foam.





One modular block down, and at least 3 to go.





1 comment:

  1. Looks great Glen. I wish I had your creativity when it comes to scenery.

    ReplyDelete