Friday, April 8, 2016

Searle Grain Elevator, Charleswood, Manitoba

This grain elevator  was constructed by the Searle Grain Company. Merged with Federal Grain in 1966, the 285,000-bushel elevator, with its two annexes, was sold in 1972 to Manitoba Pool Elevators. It was demolished around 1978.


Searle Grain Elevator, Charleswood, Manitoba



I hope to be able to scratch build this elevator and associated buildings from the many photos I took back in the day and add them to the the layout.





The above two photos were taken by Len Van Roon. A long time Charleswood resident.
If anyone reading this has more info or photos about the Searle grain elevator in Charleswood, I would love to hear from you. Either use the comment form at the bottom of this blog post or send me an email at moparshat@gmail.com. Much appreciated.

I'll have to get my dates correct, but I believe it was around 1977 or 1978 that they demolished  the elevator. Sad times indeed.










No comments:

Post a Comment